Stone Sacristy

The Stone Sacristy is one of the oldest buildings in Savo. According to the latest research, it was built between the 1520s and 1560s as the sacristy of the Savilahti church. It was a storage for objects used in the church services. The church was demolished in 1776, but the stone sacristy remained in place. The sacristy was restored in 1901 to resemble medieval stone churches. The grey stone walls are the only original part of the sacristy. Now it displays exhibition of objects from South Savo’s churches.

Photo: Harri Heinonen

Stone Sacristy
Porrassalmenkatu 32 a
50100 Mikkeli

24 Jun – 4 Aug 2024
Mon – Sun, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

No admission fee during opening hours. Visit outside opening hours 60 €/group.

Enquiries and reservations for group visits:
Office of Mikkeli City Museums
Weekdays 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
040 129 5090